3 Aug 2015

Liber Psalmorum 22 "I dwell in house of my lord"

Latin Vulgate  Psalm 22 (Hebrew numbering Psalm 23)

 Related posts:  Psalm 23 Hebrew


part of speech
v-  verb
vp- participle

sj  subjunctive

pres  present
pf    perfect
fu   future
fupf   future perfect    

1 1st person
2 2nd
3 3rd
n-   noun
n.    proper noun
pn-   pronoun
pn-r.  relative pronoun    
adj-   adjective

nom   nominative
gen   genitive
acc   accusative
dat   dative
abl   ablative

m  masculine
f   feminine
n   neuter
sg   singular
pl    plural


p   preposition
cj   conjunction
ij   interjection


interlinear (Vulgata Clementina)
1  Psalmus    David. Dominusregitme,
    n-sg.m n.-nom.sg.m     n.-nom.sg.m   v-pres.3sg   pn-acc.1sg

Psalm  David    my-lord  rules  me, 


et  nihil   mihi deerit: 
cj n-nom.sg.n  pn-dat.1sg v-fu.3sg 

and nothing  me  it-will-be-lacking: 


2  in  loco pascuae ibime collocavit. 
    p  n-abl.sg.m   n-gen.sg.f    adv  pn-acc.1sg  v-pf.3sg 

in  place   of-pasture  there  me  he-placed 


Super   aquamrefectioniseducavit me, 
   p   n-acc.sg.f    n-gen.sg.f    v-pf.3sg   pn-acc.1sg 

above water  of-restoring  he-nourished  me, 


3 animam meam  convertit.   Deduxit me 
n-acc.sg.f   adj-acc.sg.f   v-pf.3sg v-pf.3sg   pn-acc.1sg 

breath  of-me  he-restored   he-leaded  me 


super  semitas  justitiae, propter    nomen suum. 
  p  n-acc.pl.f   n-gen.sg.f      p n-acc.sg.n   adj-acc.3sg

on  paths  of-righteousness,   because-of  name  of-him 


4  Nam,   etsi  ambulavero   in medio umbrae mortis, 
      cj    cj v-fupf.1sg  p  n-abl.sg.n   n-gen.sg.f   n-gen.sg.f 

for-example,  even-if  I-will-walk  in midst  of-shadow of-death,  


non   timebomala,  quoniam   tu mecum   es.
adv     v-fu.1sg   n-acc.pl.n     adv pn-nom.2sg     adv v-pres.2sg  

not  I-will-fear   evil,    because  you  with-me   you-are


Virga  tua,et  baculus  tuus, ipsa me 
n-nom.sg.f    adj-nom.sg.f  cj  n-nom.sg.m   adj-nom.sg.m  pn-nom.pl.n pn-acc.1sg

club  of-you,  and  staff  of-you,   themselves  me  


consolata  sunt. 
      v-pf.3pl 

they-comforted. 


5  Parasti  in conspectu meo mensam, adversus  eos 
   v-pf.2sg   n-abl.sg.m  adj-abl.sg.m   n-acc.sg.f      p n-acc.3pl.m 

you-arranged  in sight  of-me table  against  them 


 qui   tribulant  me; impinguasti in  oleo caput  meum; 
 pn-r  v-pres.3pl  pn-acc.1sg  v-pf.2sg   n-abl.sg.n n-acc.sg.n adj-acc.sg.n 

that  they-oppress me;    you-made-fat  with  oil  head  of-me; 


et   calix  meus inebrians quam  praeclarus est! 
cj   n-nom.sg.m  adj-acc.sg.m vp-nom.sg.m    adv adj-nom.sg.m  v-pres.3sg 

and drinking-cup of-me causing-intoxication  how bright it-is!  


6 Etmisericordia tua subsequetur me omnibus diebus 
    cj n-nom.sg.f adj-nom.sg.f  v-fu.3sg pn-acc.1sg adj-abl.pl.m n-abl.pl.m 

and  tender-heartedness  of-you  it-will-follow-after  me  all  days  


vitae  meae; et ut  inhabitem in domo Domini, 
n-gen.sg.f    adj-gen.sg.f   cj  cj  v-pres.sj.1sg   n-abl.sg.f  n-gen.sg.m 

of-life  of-me;    and that  I-dwell  in house  of-my-lord, 


in longitudinem dierum. 
n-acc.sg.f n-gen.pl.m 

 in  length  of-days 


note
1  Dominus; translated from the Greek word "κύριος" (master, lord) from the Hebrew word "יהוה" (Yahweh,  proper noun)

regit : √rego "to rule"  translated from Greek "ποιμαίνω" ( to tend a flock)

4  virga : Shepherd's rod as weapon,  to protect sheep from wild beasts.
baculus: walking staff

5  "...and your drinking cup is causing intoxication as the best" (LXX 22:5)


References
Psalmi (IUXTA SEPTUAGINTA)
Vulgata Clementina


No comments:

Post a Comment